Monday, June 3, 2013

When you can't sleep....

So before I start my blabbering, let me just enlighten you by erasing your doubts concerning my blog's new look, yes, I gave my blog a makeover. For those who don't care and trying to convince me that the applause I just heard was actually the sound of you flushing the toilet.. well... <insert intimidating threat>

Anyhoo, summer is here. You know what that means. No.. not tap-dancing or graffiti-ing your country, those activities are subjective. I'm talking about messed up sleeping patterns. School's out, college's out, work's.. well, you can always take a leave, I guess? But the point is, one of the best things about summer vacations is none other than getting to sleep. There are some who stay up all night, and sleep throughout day, and there are some of us who sleep from 9am-10am, then again from 5pm-1am, or whatever wacky schedule you have organized for yourself.

But then there comes the one day you suddenly have to wake up before 2pm. Maybe you have to attend an important meeting discussing the banning of #hash#tags, maybe you're a plant and need sunshine for photosynthesis, or maybe you were just plain sick of those countless reprimands from your parents regarding your flattering sleeping habits. Either ways, some day or the other, you have to wake up early. So regretfully, you go to sleep at 10.









11 PM


"The dinner was pretty good."
"I should probably wax."
"Can't believe she is dating him."
"I should go shopping."
"Man, I miss my old school."
"I hate this pillow cover."
"Did a mosquito just bite me? Or was that an ant?"
"I should study more."












2 AM

"My AC sounds like a washing machine."
"Will I look good in dreadlocks?"
"Why can't I sleep?"
"I wonder what xyz is doing right now."
*slips into imaginary situation with xyz*

"Aah, I have such a terrible life!"
"I wanna go back in tiiime"
"That Brampton girl was unbelievably racist"
"What if I get leukemia?"
"omgg i had a headache yesterday... that's a symptom"
"That reminds me. I need to look up 'asymptote' or some word like that... I saw it somewhere"
"Why doesn't he/she like me?!!!?!"
"Not all atheists are scientists"
"My physsics teacher had a tattoo omgg"
"MIND- SHUT UP! I WANT TO SLEp. sLeeeeeeeep. im soo slepey "
"I sholud dowlnoad msic"












3:21 AM

"this stupdi pillow is ruinig my lfie"
"IO WANT OT BE A BEAARS SO I HIBERNEATE"
"i... i'm gonna pop some scashh.... huntinn... come up... i look incrediBUL im in this bigass coat"
"Peeeh, pe pe, pepepepe PE!!!!! Kaun banega crorepati!!!!"
"I'm so useless. I can't do the split/"
"sugar.... nee neeed sugar"

"Crap. I need to pee."
"No, I should probabkblyt hold it or i may feel like peeing every night at thtihis time"
"what if I were elastic"
"omgg!!" *replays scene from Scary Movie 3 in head*
"ccccccccccollege. no, i don't need to think about thaat"











4:47 AM


"What ..si happegnin?! the beds getting vertical...."
"the apocalypse is here..!"
"har ghadi... badal rahi hain"
"frrrrr frr pigeon frrrr frrr"












6:00 AM

"o"
...

When I was in the 5th grade, our teachers had asked us to bring a scroll of paper from home with our new year resolutions written on it, and make it as pretty as possible. So I sat down with some paint and scribbled "I will improve my Sleeping Habits" in big letters and brought it to school. The teacher put all our resolutions up on the board and we vowed to follow them. However, it's been around 7 years and my sleeping habits haven't improved, unfortunately. They have gotten worse, I think.
Oh well. 

2 comments:

Talitha said...

With you till 3...too hazy to remember after that.
But nice blog you got here mate...Keep going!:)

songbird said...

Hahah, thanks! :)