Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Go On".

I was awake tonight instead of sleeping, because of this TV show. It's called "Go On", and I had heard about it before, but never really got around to seeing it. From what I've gathered, it's about this guy who loses his wife, yet hallucinates her presence and that keeps him sort of sane and insane at the same time. He misses her all the time, yet, he knows that he must move on, for his own health. It made me wonder, why is this show with such a tragic story considered so comical? (it was coming on Comedy Central) Is the 'moving on' part supposed to be funny? Is it wholly funny, or sadly funny, because come on, the guy's lost his wife, he can't really function properly without her. Is it funny because he is such a fail without her, and is the show trying to point out the meaning of a soul mate? Or is the show funny because of funny things completely unrelated to the death of his wife, and is the show trying to point out how insane and unreliable humans are? Or some mysterious third option that is blatantly pointing out my foolishness because of my overthinking brain? Either ways, I'm confused, and this is haunting me.

We try to move on all the time, I don't think this is applicable to just relationships, it's just something you come across life all the time. And it's not easy. But it is essential. Unless something can be done to undo the need to move on. And if that something is possible, you should run full speed towards it, and grab that thing that you've been having trouble letting go of. If it is unattainable, perhaps in an imaginary unattainable place, you have to let it go, and well, "go on".

I think this is a great show. It makes me think when I'm not supposed to think and supposed to simply laugh at the funny scenes. The topic they picked is just very curious, that's all.

Oh, look at the time. I'm probably going to whack myself in the head in the morning for posting when I'm half unconscious. But hey, I didn't make any spelling/grammatical errors!

Yours truly, 

No comments: