Sunday, October 21, 2012

I'm buzzing with excitement.

I don't know if I should be excited or ashamed. I don't know if I'm the most hip-n-happenin' person or the most un-hip-n-happenin' person, or maybe I'm just really sleepy, and the lack of sleep is making me hyper, and releasing crazy thoughts, but today/night, I will be talking about our small little adhesive colorful friends- Mosquito Repellent Patches!!!


These are what the pretty ones look like <3 - 

The whole Delhi-NCR region screams DENGUE!! DENGUE!! (And I still pronounce it as 'dengoo' when most grammar queens claim it's 'dengee') and we need something bigger than a huge mosquito eating penguin, or a deadly Citronella tower, or anything of that sort. Something compact, effective, portable (why do I feel like I'm advertising), and fashionable, in one, sticky, pretty, sticker. 

Believe it or not, these things started years back, and I only found out about it like, a few days ago? When everyone flaunted these at school. I just don't know why, but I'm excited by these things. Recently I got my own share of mosquito repellent patches, albeit the non-smiley ones. Maybe I'll pull out a Sharpie and make faces on it, and make it look just like those pretty ones. But I hope it won't like, make the patch ineffective or something. Maybe the Sharpie ink will fight a duel with the Citronella. And win. 

^Okay. I believe I need to sleep now, before I go further insane. 

It's also sad how so many of my friends/acquaintances are suffering from dengue. I guess I'll take this opportunity to wish them to get well soon. 

Oh and I just remembered a mosquito bit me last night. I hope the thoughts of the probabilities of me getting dengue won't haunt me tonight. I wonder what my reaction will be when I'll see this post tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll freak out because I wrote this while I was half asleep. Or half awake. Goodnight, awakeners. (<-- did I seriously just say tha?)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

These patcher are soo pretty *_*
i finally know what these paper thingies are, thanks to your blog. My best friend stuck it on her t-shirt today. It was YELLOW!
okay so, i'm gonna buy a packet too. It seems like these mosquitoes love my blood.
PS: you should sleep now.

Walden Shmidt said...

certainly after reading this, even the head of CIA would see mosquitos as a greater threat to man than al-queda :-P....
and huge mosquito eating penguin??
wow even at the most slumberous hour of the night you come out with the most fascinating and creative ideas (y)
you should write something on foods and cuisines sometime...
cheers songbird :-D :-D

songbird said...

I love youu!!!! :D

songbird said...

Haha, that was the madness of the hour :P And thanks!! Yes, I'll try to write something on cuisines as you suggested :P

Most Desirable said...

Thanks for your comment and for the follow. I love your posts as they're really interesting. So glad to be following back and sincerely wish that the bite that you've got didn't come from an Aedes mosquito! xoxo

songbird said...

I'm so glad you like my posts! Haha, yeah, I hope so too :/

Anonymous said...

ILOVEYOU? that's it? After mentioning about YOU in my comment, i was expecting more, btw =.=

the creation of beauty is art. said...

These sound really interesting!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

songbird said...

I love you, you're awesome, and yes, these patches are worth it too, and the mosquitoes have fallen in love with your blood indeed. Happy? :P

songbird said...

Haha, I know! And they are! :D

Anna said...

Your blog looks amazing too:)
thanks for commenting and following mine, i'm following now you too!:D

songbird said...

Glad to have a new follower :')